Translate

Monday, May 28, 2012

Creativity as Medicine

I have been having a bit of a love affair with painting watercolors and the art of taking pictures with my 
 iPhone. This week, making art has felt a lot like making medicine. It has also been incredibly healing to start painting again. 
One of my friends suggested this week that creativity is as important as prayer. I feel that when we are in the creative process we are in a state of meditation. 
I am also loving the art of making collages with pictures. This collage is a reflection of how I see the world around me. All of the pictures with the exception of the allium bud were taken with my iPhone camera. 


The peonies and allium are in bloom, the pansies are leaving us after the heat of today. The pink rose was a gift, the turtle was crossing the road on a morning walk, the angelica is in full bloom and the double fish appliqué is going on a hand made bag that I am gifting one of my dear friends. 

The collage was in part inspired by one of the books that I am reading, the title of the book is The Spell of the Sensuous by David Abram. He brilliantly explores man's relationship to nature with the most delicious gift of story telling. 

Wishing everyone a glittery week.


No comments:

Post a Comment