Translate

Monday, December 31, 2018

The Art of Resourcing

As this year comes to a close, I am filled with gratitude for all of the new opportunities that I have had, the people that I have met and the natural beauty that I have seen. 
I am especially grateful for the opportunity to study more and deepen my capacity to support the process of healing trauma in my practice and with my patients.
Deepening my understanding of how to physiologically support the mending of trauma has also shown me how important it is to resource and create an internal compass that leans into goodness, wellbeing and safety.
During my own process, studies and practice, I have discovered that the point of resourcing is to create a single or many references towards safety and containment. This exploration aides in the integration of life force and in the building of internal physiological capacity to self regulate.


All of my life, color has been an incredible resource.  It often informs my day, how I widen the work my sessions and my creativity. My mother was a painter, designer and colorist. Seeking just the right color, making something beautiful and complete was a very important facet of her life and our shared connection. 
This past Autumn and Winter, I have been making many beautiful inks and revisiting the potential that various colors have in healing work. Making the images for this post has felt so positive and inspirational. Placing textures and images together, and being curious is opening a new little portal of sweetness.


 I have been drawn to vibrant hand painted wools from Bedouin women, the pink of the orchids that were a recent holiday gift and the remaining flowers from the last growing season.
These small wonders and rich colors make me feel inspired, calm and curious.


All of the knitting, needlepoint, painting and photography has offered a space in which I can land. It is with these resources, that I am able to take a deep breath in the very beauty of things and trust that  the kindness of these moments are regulating and leaning into better versions of the work and life force. 


The image of the juvenile bald eagle that I incorporated in the last image has been one of my favorite magic moments of 2018. It flew directly over my home for several days and I was able to photograph it and receive confirmation from my friend Dr. Carl Safina that it was indeed a bald eagle. It gave me tremendous hope and a feeling of excitement that it lives nearby. A bird once on the verge of extinction, returns to life and the land here in Springs. 

Wishing everyone a sweet new year, much goodness ahead, and as one of my favorite teachers says 'good learning'. 

No comments:

Post a Comment