Translate

Monday, September 19, 2011

Butterfly Medicine...

September is the month that we see the Monarch butterflies (Danaus plexippus) flutter by on local beaches as they migrate south. They adore the Buddleia davidii bushes outside of my office, also known as Butterfly bushes. These honey scented blossoms are prized for their nectar which attract many species of butterflies.
Butterflies have always held a particular fascination for me because as I child I observed their metamorphosis in my mother's herb garden. Bright green spotted caterpillars transformed into elegant green forms hanging from leaves, only to open and transform into a magnificent butterflies.
The butterfly below is a Yellow Swallowtail, this picture was recently taken with my macro lens.
  Butterfly medicine represents the energy of transformation, courage, transmutation, freedom and growth. 

No comments:

Post a Comment